Terms & Conditions
MANTA ISLAND POLICIES
- A 25% deposit is due at the time of booking.
- Payment in full is due 30 days prior to arrival. Except for stay between Christmas & New Year (December 19th to January 5th) that requires payment in full 60 days prior to arrival.
- Reservations made less than 30 days prior to arrival are to be paid in full upon receipt of confirmation.
- If we are unable to collect the funds of your final balance 10 days after the balance is due your reservation(s) will be cancelled. At which time, based on our policies, there will be no refund as your reservation(s) would be less than 30 days prior to your arrival date or less than 60 days for stays between Christmas & New Year (December 17th to January 6th), which require payment in full 60 days prior to arrival.
- Kindly note: Island Rentals have a balance due dates that differ from cabana bookings balance due dates. Please see the Island Rental section for details.
- At this time we do not accommodate solo travelers. Kindly note that two of our sister properties, Belizean Dreams and Laru Beya do accommodate children and solo travelers.
- All charges to international cards are processed in Belize and will be in Belize Dollars as that is our country’s currency.
- The initial deposit payment may be automatically charged via our booking engine, which charges in US currency or the deposit may be charged through our local bank in Belize Dollars utilizing a Standard Exchange Rate (US$1 = BZ$2) and as such, are subject to exchange rate variances. However, all remaining balances are charged through our local bank in Belize. The Standard Exchange Rate in Belize is approximately US$1 to BZ$2. Your bank will then convert our Belize charges back to your currency and will utilize the applicable market exchange rate at the time of conversion. Please note that Manta Island Resort is not responsible for any currency exchange rate variances or international processing fees applied by the banks or Credit Card Companies. For Discover cards, both deposits and final payments are charged through the resort’s local bank in Belize Dollars.
- Card payments accepted: Visa, Amex, Discover and MasterCard Credit cards/ Debit card.
- PRIOR TO THE COLLECTION OF PAYMENT BY CHARGING YOUR CREDIT/ DEBIT MANTA ISLAND RESORT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RECONFIRM RATES AND CHANGE ACCORDINGLY.
- Arrivals and departures to Manta Island Resort on Glover’s Reef Atoll are scheduled on Wednesdays and Saturdays only.
- All rates are subject to change without notice.
- All rates are in USD and include all taxes / fees.
- All rates are based on double occupancy in each cabana.
- Rates listed on the package pages are per couple for all packages.
- Rates do not include gratuity.
- Maximum occupancy for each cabana is 3 persons.
- Adult rates apply for any person over the age of 12 and infant rates apply for any person ages 5 and under.
Discount Eligibility for Rates
Adults (Ages 13+) get 20% off when staying in the same room with two adults.
Children (Ages 6-12) get 50% off when staying in the same room with two adults or 30% off when staying in the same room with one adult.
Children (5 and Under) are charged US$75 per day when staying in the same room with two adults or 30% off when staying in the same room with one adult.
For rates not listed as available, please contact our Reservation Team directly.
Packages may have discount eligibility restrictions. Contact the Reservation Team directly for details.
Please note that local flight costs as well as ground & boat transfer fees within all packages are not eligible for discounts.
- We require a 25% non-refundable deposit (check only) at the time of reservation for all Island Rentals.
- Non-refundable balance (check only) is due 120 days prior to arrival.
- Island rentals are not available during the weeks of Easter, Christmas and New Year’s.
- Island rentals stays are booked from Saturday-Saturday only.
- Due to the fact that island rentals are discounted for an entire island buyout, neither specials nor travel agent commissions are applicable for the Island Rental Package.
All cancellations must be received in writing and confirmed by our resort to be considered valid/effective.
Trips canceled as a result of, or due to, airline delays, strikes, sickness, world events, no-shows, premature departures, personal issues and/or as result of inclement weather, pandemics such as COVID-19 and/or acts of God including hurricanes are subject to our cancellation policy.
No refunds will be given for denied entry caused by failure to carry proper proof of citizenship or the appropriate visa. (Read about entry requirements on our website)
No refunds will be given for cancellations due to being placed into quarantine for medical issues including pandemics such as COVID-19. Rescheduled stays will be subject to rescheduling cost and policies.
If you are required to be quarantined while at the resort for an extended period of time, the resort will provide a discounted rate for accommodations and meals, pending availability.
There is a $200 USD / $400.00 BZE administration fee for all cancellations for each room; this fee will be deducted prior to all refunds.
ALL CANCELLATIONS MADE:
120 or more days prior to arrival date, admin fee will be deducted from the deposit, 100% of this balance will be refunded.
90-119 days prior to arrival date, admin fee will be deducted from the deposit, 75% of this balance will be refunded.
31-89 days prior to arrival date, admin fee will be deducted from the deposit, 50% of this balance will be refunded.
Less than 30 days prior to arrival date, guest is entitled to NO refund.
Cancellation on booking done for stay between Christmas & New Year (December 19th to January 5th) and Easter Holiday (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday & Monday) will be subject to the following changes in the above policy:
61-89 days prior to arrival date, admin fee will be deducted from the deposit, 50% of this balance will be refunded.
Less than 60 days prior to arrival date, guests are entitled to NO refund.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There is a 4 nights / 5 days minimum package stay for bookings, except for stay between Christmas & New Year (December 19th to January 5th), Easter Holiday (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday & Monday, and Thanksgiving week that requires a 7 nights/ 8 days minimum package stay for booking
Unused portions of Packages (meals and/or activities etc.)/Add-Ons/Trips shortened as a result of or due, but not limited, to airline delays, strikes, world events, no-shows, premature departures, personal issues, inclement weather, pandemics such as COVID-19 and/or acts of God, including hurricanes are NON-refundable and NON-transferable.
All additional meals, transportation, drinks and/or tours etc. will be billed to your incidentals and should be paid for at check-out or the resort reserves the right to charge your credit card on file.
Manta Island Resort cannot accept responsibility for any delay, inconvenience, damaged possessions, sickness or additional expenses incurred which may be caused either directly or indirectly by events outside our control such as weather, late arrival of flights, pandemics such as COVID-19 or acts of God.
All guests acknowledge and agree that they are fully aware of the contagious nature and effects of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume that risk and responsibility and further agree that they will release, indemnify and hold harmless Manta Island Resort, and their respective parent corporations, affiliates, subsidiaries insurers, directors, officers, employees, managers, successors, assigns, agents and representatives, against any claims and/or damages whatsoever, including legal fees relating to any infection, transmission, health condition influenced or otherwise impacted or complication by COVID-19.
The bartender reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who has clearly exceeded their limit.
The resort management declines all responsibilities for valuables left in the room after check out.
Smoking of any substance in our rooms is strictly prohibited. If smoking is detected at any time during or immediately after a guests’ stay, management reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee of US$500 per room.
Additional À La Carte items and Package Add-ons can be arranged for an additional fee, please contact us. Unused portions of add-ons are non-refundable and non-transferrable to other bookings or guests.
Guests are NOT allowed to switch between Coco Plum Island, Belizean Dreams Resort, Laru Beya Resort and Manta Island resorts during their stay with us. Guests must cancel with us in writing (adhering to our Cancellation Policy) and then book with our sister resort.
All Date Change Requests must be made in writing and is subject to availability and management’s approval. Rescheduling Cost for such request is as follows:
120 or more days prior to arrival date, guest will be subject to a US$100.00 rescheduling fee.
90-119 days prior to arrival date, guest will be subject to a US$300.00 rescheduling fee.
31-89 days prior to arrival date, guest will be subject to a US$450.00 rescheduling fee.
30 days or less will NOT be entitled to any change of date option.
Guest moving from Low to High Season will be expected to pay the difference.
Guest moving from High to Low Season will not be compensated for the difference.
Date Change Requests on booking done for stay between Christmas & New Year (December 19th to January 5th) and Easter Holiday (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday & Monday) will be subject to the following changes in the above policy:
61-89 days prior to arrival date, guest will be subject to a US$450.00 rescheduling fee.
60 days or less will NOT be entitled to any change of date option.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TOURS
Belize is located in the tropics, known for its melting pot of diverse cultures and pristine one of a kind landscape, architecture, flora and fauna. It is also one of the most visited tourist destinations. However, acts of nature are sometimes beyond our control and may temporarily hinder the natural path and attractiveness of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems.
All boat itineraries and activities are weather and conditions permitting at resort’s discretion.
We cannot guarantee the clarity of the ocean at all times as a result of weather.
There is risk involved in any outdoor activity and accidents may occur, therefore at Manta Island Resort we consider safety our most important concern.
It is recommended that guests purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy at the time of your booking to protect you against illness, injury, loss of personal items and baggage, cancellation, and other travel contingencies.
At this time, we do not offer travel insurance through Manta Island Resort.
The package rates do not include gratuities. We have developed a suggested gratuities guide in response to guest feedback. Please bear in mind that it is meant only as a guide for you. The actual amount is left totally to your discretion and dependent upon the quality of service. We suggest $450USD per couple for a seven night stay for the entire team. Operating Manta Island Resort is a team effort which involves a lot of behind-the-scenes team members along with our awesome front line personnel. We ask that if you choose to leave a gratuity, you leave the entire amount on your signed invoice and pay for it with cash or credit card at check-out. Gratuities are pooled every two weeks and distributed by the accounting department.
See our FAQs for more information.