- Arrivals and departures to Manta Island Resort on Glover’s Reef Atoll are scheduled on Wednesdays and Saturdays only.
- It is also possible to arrive a day early and spend the night at our sister resort in Hopkins, Belizean Dreams Resort which we can facilitate at an additional cost.
- Book your international flight to arrive at the Philip S.W. Goldson International Airport (Airport Code: BZE), see below for recommended arrival time.
Be sure to schedule your international flight to arrive in Belize City (Airport Code: BZE), by 1:00PM. Why? To allow sufficient time to clear customs & immigration and to make the local connecting flight to Dangriga Town at 2:40PM. The scheduled check-in boat to Manta Island typically departs from the local marina dock in Dangriga Town between 3:30PM – 4:30PM. Depending on your arrival time, our driver will either take you directly to the boat dock or to another location to wait for any additional arrivals. Because Manta is located approximately 36 miles off the coast, we group all arrivals together in one scheduled boat for a seamless, efficient, and safe check-in.
Kindly note: If you are only able to arrive closer to 1:30PM, you may still be able to catch your local flight since it generally takes about an hour to clear customs and immigration. If you arrive earlier into Belize City, you have the option of waiting in the duty free lounge there or you can arrive in Dangriga Town earlier for the boat to Manta Island.
Your arrival would look something like this:
- 1:00PM – Arrive at Belize International Airport (BZE), clear customs & immigration.
- 2:40PM – Local Flight to Dangriga Town, met by resort driver when you land.
- 3:30PM – 4:30PM Departure time for boat trip to Manta Island.
For your departure back home, the boat leaves the island at 6:45AM. We recommend booking an international flight that leaves Belize around 12PM to allow sufficient travel time back to the Belize International Airport (BZE). Too early for breakfast? We’ll pack it up for you!
Your departure would look something like this:
- 6:45AM – Boat trip to Dangriga Town then shuttle to the Maya airstrip for your COVID test.
- 9:00AM – Local flight to Belize International Airport (BZE) after your COVID test.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly if you have any questions about flight times. Kindly note that boat transfer times may be subject to change due to external factors which include but are not limited to imposed international flight schedule changes as well as weather conditions.
What are the entry requirements for Belize?
- A valid passport for no less than three months after your intended period of stay for citizens of the following countries: U.S., Britain, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Venezuela, CARICOM member states, nationals of European Community countries. Children under 18 years of age traveling with one parent require a notarized letter of authority from the other parent indicating travel consent. Travelers are permitted to stay in Belize for 30 days. Extensions for longer stays can be processed through the Immigration Office in Belize City for a fee, check with that office for the most recent fee. Kindly note, this info is subject to change, please refer to the Belize Tourism Site.
- Belize requires citizens from the following countries to have an entry visa: China, Cuba, Honduras, Haiti, South Africa, Taiwan, India, Libya and more. We do not keep an exhaustive list, for more up to date info see check this website.
- For COVID-19 entry requirements, tips can be found on our COVID-19 info page, we do strive to keep that page updated but it is best to refer to the Belize Tourism Site for the most up to date info.